Let’s not beat around the bush. 2020 has been shit. I’ve hardly seen my family, or friends, or even really left the house for the best part of 9 months. I lost my dog in October, and my mental health has been in the toilet for months. So I, like many others, am determined to make 2021 the best possible year it can be. It’s going to be the year that changes my life. It has to be, to make up for the shit-storm that was 2020. Let’s set some 2021 Goals!
- Lose 5 stone. – The recent Covid-19 pandemic has really, really scared me. While I don’t have any of the critical underlying health issues that could worsen it, I am overweight (let’s not talk about my dodgy lungs). I’m a bit terrified of catching it and bringing it in to my house, so I’m striving to be the healthiest I can be in 2021.
- Set my wedding date. Jesus Christ, I have been engaged for nearly 4 years now, we still haven’t set our date. We’ve put a deposit down on a venue, so really we just need to pull ourselves together and book it!
- Be more active. I live about 10 minutes drive from the countryside, and I really should utilise it more. My sister took me off on a hike in October (socially distanced ofc) and although it HURT, I really enjoyed being out in the outdoors. I’m going to try and commit to going on a hike every 3 weeks or so. One of my biggest 2021 goals is to just be healthier all round, so this will help!
- Cook more. I love to cook, i really do, but I never make time for it anymore. This is something I want to focus more on in 2021, and curating my meal repertoire is something I’ve always wanted to do.
- Watch more films. Mr loves watching films, and always wants to watch them with me, but I have the attention span of a blue-arsed fly. I want to commit to watching one film a week, to hopefully train my attention span better.
- Finish off decorating my living room. This is the only room in the house where we’ve done NOTHING, so I really want to put my mark on it this year.
- Stick to a schedule. – I’ve finally found a way of curating posts and photos that works for me, so I’m confident in this one. I am aiming for 3x posts a week, starting from January 1st!
- Utilise Pinterest more. I’m umming and ahhing over a Tailwind subscription, but really, I need to do more reading to make sure I fully understand what I need to use Pinterest to benefit me further.
- Monetise! I have never monetised a blog, I’ve been hobby blogging for about 9 years now but I’ve decided that I might as well make a few quid from it. I’m hoping to monetise from February onwards.
- Wrap my head around the analytics. Like I said I’ve never cared for analytics because I’ve always been hobby blogging. However to monetise, I need to understand my user base. I wrote a post earlier this year – the Grüum Altruist SPF50 Sunscreen – and it’s been getting consistently high views ever since. I don’t know why, I can’t figure out where they’re coming from but I always wonder!
- Save £4000. Ya girl’s got a wedding to pay for!
- Overpay my mortgage. I managed to reduce my mortgage this month by £200 a month (!!) so I want to overpay my mortgage by about £100 a month, just to put us in a great position for the next renewal.
- Pay off half my credit card. I’m still in the interest free stage for another year so this needs to go!
As much as I’m hoping for 2021 to be the best year after this horrible 2020, I’m fully prepared for next year to be just as bad. I’ve kept my goals manageable, even in Covid times, so that I have no excuse to stick to them!
What are your 2021 goals?
You can find more lifestyle posts here.